Mar 12, 2010

Sedih sekali sekala

Sometimes it doesn't take much to make me sad. Tough outside, tofu inside. I saw a blind man last night, waiting for his family member outside the washroom, and just seeing him wait there patiently made me sad. A realization came over me, about how we take so many things and so many people for granted, all the time. Our bodies, our physical abilities. Money that we throw around for artificial momentary happiness, food and drinks that we indulge in every day, material things that we think will make us look good. People that we have around us, people who love us and care for us unconditionally. Slowly, slowly, I want to be a person who's more aware about her surroundings, who's more thankful, less self-indulgent.


that I would be loved even when I numb myself
that I would be good even when I am overwhelmed
that I would be loved even when I was fuming
that I would be good even if I was clingy

that I would be good even if I lost sanity
that I would be good
whether with or without you

1 comment:

  1. steps to appreciating life:-
    1. look at the sky while driving
    2. plant a damn bonsai
    3. get an aquarium set up and try not to kill the fishes
    4. camp nearby waterfalls
    5.. if all else fails... get a dildo.. :)

    ReplyDelete