Dec 8, 2009

Manusia tapi bukan bebas

I've never believed in gender restriction. I was born and raised as a Catholic, some of my family members are strictly religious and homophobic but I've never cared about people being gay or straight or whatever. Who the fuck are we to determine what's right and what's wrong when it comes to people loving each other? If a guy loves a guy so what? And who the fuck are we to say that it's wrong to undergo a sex change operation when that person feels(knows) that he or she is born with the wrong sexual organs? Why do we care so much about Fatine, the Malaysian transsexual who married a Brit, and waste so much time demonizing her? Who the fuck do people think they are when they're accusing her of shaming our country? You know what's shameful? Those who actually disrespect basic human rights, disrespect democracy, disrespect freedom of choice. Why don't you waste your time and energy being angry at some of our politicians instead? Our country is full of corrupted, racist sexist, and hypocritical men in power but you don't give a shit about that! Instead you give a shit about a person who is finally happy after years of being in the wrong body, and has finally found someone who loves her for who she is.

I don't FUCKING GET IT.

Please join this facebook group to support Ian and Fatine's relationship, which to me also means supporting transgenderism and basic human rights. There's also a good article on The Nut Graph about Fatine's plight if you're clueless about it.

2 comments:

  1. I just don't get it too, Elfie... I was born & raised as a Catholic though not that holy as my parents wish me to be. Yea, the bible did said that same sex relationship is a taboo but when it come to the matter of heart, we just can't judge it... I don't mind anyway, as long as they are happy & not bothering you, why should we give a damn??? Manage our own life-lar, tak payah gatal mau mengurus hidup orang lain... LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's all messed up, fatine's already gone through hell lotsa shit being born in the wrong gender..

    ReplyDelete