Dec 9, 2009

satu hari nanti

I remember growing up by the water. The weekends in the river, with a net in my hands and a bucket by the side. The school holidays at the beach, waking up with my paternal cousins every day and running to the ocean, just us kids. Teaching them how to do cartwheels, collecting sea shells, leaving footprints on the sand, occasionally discovering an old turtle shell -did it die of old age or was it killed?-

I miss smelling the salty air, feeling the breeze on my skin. The crashing and roaring of waves - a lullaby at night and a warm melody in the morning.

Now every time I'm near the water, I like to just sit still and let everything sink in. Some of the best things in life are free, and we take them for granted until one day you realize they won't always be there.

3 comments:

  1. great pic. when are you playing poker with us?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Babes,
    Check out my blog no? Keep in touch.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. @judress u never invite me to play poker! uhm i dont play poker anyway haha

    @teoh will do!

    ReplyDelete