Feb 21, 2010

Sekian

Thank you to all my loves who were concerned when they found out how worried (and teary) I was last week due to my grandma being hospitalized. Much heart to those who texted me every day inquiring about her health, and mine, knowing how affected I was. You must know, my grandmother played a huge role in forming who I am today, and what I aspire to be. Nearly every day of my life was spent with her before I moved to Europe in '98; all the stories, the memories came flooding when I heard the bad news...so yeah you can imagine how badly shaken I was (I look like I'm all tough and happy-go-lucky all the time but I'm quite the tofu when I come across emotional situations).

I'm sitting on the balcony writing this, and I realized how my love for balconies was developed (I could spend the whole day smoking, drinking, napping and talking on the balcony)-
when I was really,really young, we would go over to my grandma's old house every Sunday with my cousins, aunts and uncles. The whole Sunday would be spent running around the house and lazing on her really huge balcony with the constant presence of cookies, cakes and smell of coffee lingering in the air. I loved those Sundays.

1 comment: