Dec 28, 2009

Tahun baru akan datang

...I do believe I've failed you
...I know I've let you down
Don't you know I tried so hard
to love you in my way?
It's easy..let it go..


If only I could turn back time and undo the mistakes, swallow the anger, dry the tears, annihilate the resentment, retrace my steps, deny the temptations.. I would.

It's pretty damn hard when it finally (because I'm very good at being ignorant) hits you how much you're hurt other people, especially those who have/had loved you unconditionally.

I hope I can be a better person from this moment onwards, hence for the first time ever, in my life, New Year's Resolutions (being a better person does not mean I'm gonna stop being bitchy because I will be bitchy to people who are bitches in the first place):

- Note down my daily blessings. I think it'll make me happier and more thankful for the non-material things in my life
- When I'm hurt, I will remember to breathe. I'll not react rudely as I normally do
- Write more. studying literature had killed my passion for writing but I should take it up again
- Write to my mom more
- Learn how to manage my time more. Priority to people I love who make me happy. Not to feel guilty if I have to say 'no' to friends
- Listen to my body more, if I'm sick I shouldn't go out and fill my bloodstreams with toxic waste
- Let people know how much I appreciate them, especially friends who have helped me a lot, and people who have taught me valuable life lessons
- Eat more vege and fruits. I heard 3 servings a day is the minimum
- Learn Spanish
- Read more on Tibetan Buddhism
- Volunteer at an NGO
- To not be scared of responsibilities
- Go to at least 1 destination that's not too well known, and backpack

Shit that's a lot to do.

3 comments:

  1. then you better get started.. :) .. i am in for the back pack

    ReplyDelete
  2. As for resolution i just don't bother about it after all new year or not it's just another day.

    Look yourself in the mirror now and say to yourself "I will be a better person,so i am going to move my ass to become one".The first step is too admit your weakness and improve them one step at a time".

    It's good to start being thankful and appreciate people around you, after all there is more unfortunate souls out there that is far worst then you.

    Sometimes people need to save themsevles you can't be responsiblity or guilty for all of them if you refuse to help them. They need to move their ass.

    When you are hurt the best advice is too confront the SOB who hurts you and let it all out (it works for me)

    As for responsiblities,sure sometimes they sucks (and sometimes scary in your case) but in the end of the day ask yourself what have you learn from your responsiblities.

    I am sure you can find a lot of cool veges and fruits recipes out there afterall I do not believe that healthy food means boring and tastless stuff.

    If there is a lot to do then you really should priotiez your list afterall it's not the quantity that matters but the quality that matters.

    "It's not the daily increase but daily decrease. Hack away at the unessential"-Bruce Lee

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quote is from the song Sarah Mclachlan Aida

    "I am not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine"-Bruce Lee

    ReplyDelete