Aug 17, 2009

Malaysia, bukan Malaya lah bodoh

With every new prime minister comes a new 'slogan' that's supposed to uplift the nation's spirits and make us more patriotic. This time around it's '1 Malaysia' and it arrives with its own entourage of official song, ads and events with the word '1 Malaysia' in their taglines.

Today I heard such an ad on Fly FM and my oh my what a ridiculous ad it was. It's about a boy who went to Sabah for holidays and came back to West Malaysia saying 'bah' all the time and explained to his friend what 'bah' meant. It ends with a voice over advising us to learn more about East Malaysia cause we're a country of 1 Malaysia and blabla crap. What pissed me off to the max was the boy's explanation of how Sabahans say 'bah'. He said it's like how West Malaysians say 'lah' AND THAT IS SO WRONG MOTHERFUCKER! 'Bah' is NOT a replacement of 'LAH'! You can only use it in a proper context, and we say 'LAH' too okay! Can't FlyFM actually ASK a Sabahan before doing this stupid ass shit ad?!

And then, while I was at Starbucks, I was reading a magazine called Expatriate Lifestyle which featured some white guy writer of theirs who went to KK to get tattooed the traditional way. Guess what the smart ass called people of Sabah? SABAHANIANS. I kid you not. I immediately wrote the editor an email telling him it's wrong and that they should proof read their articles next time, plzkthx.

Some people are so fucking ignorant it's unbelievable.

3 comments:

  1. That is so bodoh. Them, I mean. Sabahanians? I know some people would think that it's cool and would go all, "well, they (sabahans; us) should appreciate that name, it sounds cool! IDK WTF is their problem!"

    I'd say, fuck you. That ain't cool. It sounds stupid and you're king of stupid, stupid. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bah equals Lah!!! No way, budu-palui!!! Suka hati kamu saja mau cakap! Sabahanians your ASS! WTF!?!?! There's a girl from Sabah going planes-hoping from KKIA-KLIA-Penang International Airport one day... Guess what the STOOPID stewardess said when she exits, WELCOME TO MALAYSIA with a fucking smile on her face. Hey, that plane flew from Sabah to KL, damn you! Sabah is in Malaysia, palui woman!!! Learn your Geography!

    ReplyDelete