Sep 16, 2009

Jangan lebih boleh tak?

So today I updated my status saying that I want cendol, and someone decides to tell me that I shouldn't talk about food because some people are fasting. I AM LIKE WHAT THE FUCK! Hello?!
a) It's my fucking Facebook and Twitter. It's *my* status, not yours.
b) It's not like I said I want to kill your mother, I just said I want cendol. I didn't know cendol is equivalent to fuckyouihopeyoudieinafire.
c) Isn't fasting month suppose to make you experience the lives of the poor/unfortunate, who go hungry all the time? Well, in real life, the poor have to see other people eating and hear them talking about food the whole fucking day, so why can't you?

I really don't get why some get all fucking upset and they think it's 'disrespectful' when non-Muslims talk about food in front of them. FOOD =/= INSULT. Fasting month is all about resisting temptation, correct? So isn't it hypocritical of you to demand others to 'hide' the temptations so you wouldn't be tempted in the first place, because to me, that isn't really showing that you can resist temptation. You've really only proven that you're strong when, say, you're in a club and all of your friends are drinking alcohol and everyone keeps on asking you to drink with them and you can resist all that.

By the way, I've heard you talking about food before buka puasa too, like how you're going to Chili's or how you're craving for something. Why can you talk about what you want to eat and I can't even say I want some fucking cendol? I think it's completely ridiculous to prohibit other people from doing something just because you're not or you can't do it too. Unless we talk about murder or calling someone an asshole without no reason, but again, FOOD =/= INSULT.

Seriously, do you not talk about beef or eat beef in front of Hindus/Buddhists? Do you not eat meat or talk about meat on Fridays when you're around Catholics (some really religious Catholics don't eat meat on Fridays)? yeah, I doubt that you don't. Respect to me is when I let you do your own shit as long as it doesn't hurt me. Respect to me is when I do my own shit and I don't enforce it on you. And I never said 'hey makan lah! makan! makan! Jangan puasa!' to people who are fasting.

So what's the big fucking deal, MY GOD! I'm not a terrorist, I just want cendol!

Thank God I have a few Muslim friends who basically don't give a fuck if I talk about cendol or alcohol or bicycle, who don't give a fuck if I say I'm hungry. In the words of Bobo, CHILL THE FUCK OUT.

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely right. The true essence of fasting is to do it while having to dredge through normal routine. Non-muslims and even some muslims are permitted to eat, and therefore fasting muslims have no right to impose this 'guilt trip'. The onus is on the individual fasting to fight the urge to eat, NOT on everyone else to facilitate that. Muslims should be responsible for their own fast, not blame it on others. Heh, some people think you can pull a fast one on God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'I just want cendol!'

    LOL love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha i just found out abt your blog and i luvvvv it. you are damn funnyyyy!!!

    ReplyDelete